Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dinners At Home


There is something to be said about the art of dinnertime. As the world keeps changing, I am becoming aware that less and less people -- families mainly -- do not practice this age-old art; one that supports connection within the family unit, a greater sense of unity, but also directly engages communication.

Ok, there are more benefits to these, like better food (healthy and wholesome :P ), less expense, and ending the day with a great greater sense of peace -- not always, I guess, hahahaha, sometimes those communications can lead to arguments, but most of the time it doesn't.

Anyway, I was raised on family dinners, and in my own small family unit I have stressed the importance of it as well. What's that old saying:  "a family that eats together lasts together"  ?  ha Ok, I changed it up a bit. But you get the idea.

Here is our first Tuesday meal of 2014.  I served baked chicken, cornbread stuffing, steamed carrots and an Italian bread.  It was yummy. As you can clearly see, it was only Jack and I for that dinner as our lovely son Tristan, who has yet to appear in a blog photo, was out and about with his friends. Well, he's almost 19 and in college, still living at home, and socializing is more important to him these days then being at home. Yes, it's how it goes. Doesn't mean I like him always missing dinnertimes, but it's his life now and he venturing out into it. 


And, Jack and I realize, a family starts as a couple, and in away, returns back to a couple once the fledglings fly the coop.  :)

At least we have our surrogate baby:


Mari!!!!!! lol  NO, she isn't a child replacement, but was adopted as a companion for Tristan, though she has become more my companion during the day when TT goes off to college and Jack goes off to work. I love having her in the house.  She is my first "dog" experience and I am pretty lucky it is with such an incredible beast!  She's sweet, and has a great personality.

Until next Tuesday, keep smiling!



No comments:

Post a Comment