Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It All Started With New Year's Eve!

Yep. Jack and I were out and about and suddenly, standing in the middle of a tide-pool ledge in Laguna, being hokey acting like tourists and taking pictures, this brainchild popped into my head and I proclaimed then and there that I would blog EVERY Tuesday in 2014. Not only that, but I would also take a photo.

Ok, let me find the photos from that New Year's Eve... but I know it wasn't this year yet, though it WAS a Tuesday, and that's ok, cuz that's the inception of this venture... and as good a subject as any to blog about on this first Tuesday!

Am I cheating?  *laughing*  Well, heck, I think it's ok to do whatever I want, just as long as I am doing a Tuesday blog.


Omg! I'm on my side... ok note to self:  edit before uploading ... wait, let me see if I can do that now. Yep, I got it.

The inception of Tuesdays This Year. 

That's me, in case you haven't guessed by now, and this is the moment of inception, or rather about 3 minutes after when I excitedly exclaimed: "oh my god, take a picture of me right now." For all intent and purposes this photo will be called:  The inception of Tuesdays This Year. 

 That's Jack

New Year's Eve was a soft, gentle, quiet celebration. Jack came in from surfing, I logged off SL, and we had lunch. Then, his brainchild was to just take a drive and stop wherever we wanted, when we wanted, for as long as we wanted.  Agreeing, we decided to head south on Pacific Coast Hwy. This location in Laguna was our first stop. A residential area.  

God but that day was gorgeous. The sun was so bright and warm, not hot, but a perfect temperate warm. 

This little cove was littered with tourists, the majority of whom were clearly from out of state. But it was fun, and everyone was happy. We fit right in even if we were locals... local tourists.  *smiles*



Next stop was Dana Point Wharf. We took us a stroll, stopped in at El Torrito for marqiritas, chips & salsa, and then strolled back to the car. Hmmm, not so sure I spelled marquiritas right. Don't think so but right now I am just too lazy to use a dictionary. 

Feeling A Bit Fiesty After Those Marqueritas


Well, by the time we got back to the car and drove back down the coast through Laguna, and down into Corona del Mar, the sun was descending. So we turned left, and found a spot on the road above Little Corona, and joined the other nature lovers to watch the sunset.


And so the sun set on New Year's Eve... an incredibly beautiful sunset at that:


Here's to an equally incredible and beautiful 2014!

P.S. I will be adding a photo taken today. I just want to wait until the family is home to do that, and yeah, I'll be adding that NEXT blog!  :-P









No comments:

Post a Comment