Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Long And Winding Road...

Ah, it has happened!

A day that will fade but never be forgotten for a few of us.

A day that marked a major turning point in my life, my son's life, our life.

A day that was an ending and yet an incredible new beginning.

All you mom's (and dad's) out there know what I am talking about when I say today my son got his driver's license!


1:30 pm today we pulled up to the waiting zone, Tristan was a bundle of nerves and I held his hand and gave him some Reiki. He instantly remarked how he felt the calm come over him.


Everytime I looked at my son today I saw a young man about to truly enter his own life... and I had to fight back the tears and force a smile on my face. Oh, don't get me wrong I was proud and it was easy to smile... I'm just being dramatic. 

And when the instructor came and I got out of the car and walked up to the waiting area, I couldn't help but ask myself "Now what?"  And before I could answer, there drove by Tristan and the instructor, the test having begun.

 

His sweetheart arrived and she and I sat excitedly talking, wondering, finger's crossed. During that time I suddenly felt... "replaced".  *smiles* A natural occurrence. I wanted to feel so excited, but I didn't. I wanted to be super happy, but I wasn't. I was in a bit of a numb.  Yeah, a numb.  Mama Bear sat in a numb, asking herself over and over, "Now what?"


When they returned before another driver taking the test who'd gone before Tristan,  and the length of time I watched Tristan listening and nodding to whatever his instructor was saying, I thought he'd failed.


He was a success. 

Maybe I was a success at that moment too, cuz I knew he was gonna have a great life and he was gonna be alright.  We finished our business at the inside Window 4 so he could get his license and then we parted ways. He off with his girl.

Me... I drove home alone, singing quietly...


Today... I am simply numbing it.

1 comment: