Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Kathy and the Little People - written & illustrated by Kisma Stepanich

Considering the focus I seem to be on this month, the writing of my life, I figured I might as well continue with the next significant item from my childhood... the book entitled 'Kathy and the Little People' which I wrote in 6th Grade, age 11, in 1969. So, here it is.

Starting with the original handwritten draft written in a $0.49 the spiral Notebook.


This is the item I gave to Mrs. Wright, the 6th Grade teacher at Vessels School, who edited it and encouraged me to finish it.


Well, I did finish writing it and then that summer began the task of typing it, illustrating it, and creating the binding for it... lol


So, I thought it would be fun to simply share every page with you, and let you read it for yourself, IF you are interested. The last few chapters of it will be copies of the handwritten draft (sorry lol), as unfortunately, contrary to my youthful good intentions to do just that, I didn't. Memory evades me as to what prevented me from doing. My senses tell me it was probably the simple but natural distraction of it being summertime.

Enjoy!









 Well, as always, wishing you a wonderful rest of the week.
And until next blog...
Don't sweat the small stuff... :P
    Kisma




No comments:

Post a Comment